Whether you are a man or a woman, if you’ve been in a bad marriage, you’ve probably thought you could survive if you left your spouse. Of course, even if it’s not as bad as it is for many others if you are unhappy in your current marriage and want to leave, there may be doubts and negative thoughts about making the break.
Leaving a bad marriage can be very difficult. The thought of doing it fills us with fear and dread, a bad marriage can consume our whole lives. When you’re facing the end of a bad marriage, the future can seem very uncertain. You may experience feelings of anxiety, depression, and grief.
While it’s normal to have these feelings, you mustn’t let them push you into making hasty decisions about your life. The divorce process is never an easy one. It takes time to adjust, and figure out how to move on with your life, whether or not you’re happy about it. While no one can tell you how to live your life, here are some quotes about getting out of a bad relationship.
Below is a collection of leaving a bad marriage quotes that might help you decide if you’re ready to walk away from your spouse.
Leaving a Bad Marriage Quotes
Divorce is not a failure—the failure was staying in a failing marriage. Sometimes the hardest part of leaving a bad marriage is knowing when to let go and move on. If you’re struggling with divorce proceedings or just need someone to talk to, see a counsellor.
1. Don’t stick with a bad marriage for the kids. If your mate ticks you off, walk out and don’t tick him or her off. Leave a bad marriage.
2. The only thing worse than a bad marriage is staying in one. Leave a bad marriage.
3. Sometimes you have to just leave a bad marriage.
4. Step away. Take a deep breath. Clear your head. Come back a new person. Your work will never be better for it. Leave a bad marriage.
5. You will be amazed at how much happier you will be when you leave a bad marriage and start loving yourself again.
6. The hardest thing you’ll ever have to do is breathe your way through quitting somebody you love to save yourself. Leave a bad marriage.
7. It’s time to leave your bad marriage, and jump into the unknown because nobody ever got anywhere living in the past.
8. You deserve to be with someone who can love you, and make you feel loved. Love is not a weakness, leaving a bad marriage is.
9. Sometimes you have to put your own needs first, and save yourself before you can save the marriage. Leave a bad marriage.
10. It’s harder to go from being married, to being single, to becoming a couple again. But still, you have to leave a bad marriage.
11. Leaving a bad marriage will do you so much good. You deserve someone who will be by your side through all the seasons of your life.
12. When it’s over, just let it go. It’s so much better to be alone than to be with someone who makes you feel alone. Leave a bad marriage.
13. Every ending is a new beginning. Don’t live your life in fear. Learn from mistakes, and then leave a bad marriage.
14. When you’re ready to leave a bad marriage, you finally know.
15. It’s hard to leave a marriage, but it’s worse to stay in one.
16. Leaving a bad marriage takes a lot more courage than most people realize.
17. Good riddance to a bad marriage. You won’t realize how bad it was until you aren’t in it anymore.
18. When you’ve tried everything and done everything you could have done to make things work, it’s time to move on. Leave a bad marriage.
19. The hardest thing to leave behind is what you used to love, but you’ve got to leave a bad marriage.
20. Getting out of a bad marriage is like moving out of a house that’s on fire. You just have to do it, you know?
21. Leaving a bad marriage is the most courageous act you’ll ever take.
22. Don’t let your history be defined by your mistakes. Think of it as a bad decision you made once, and then move from a bad marriage.
23. Sometimes you have to leave a bad marriage. But if a good guy is out there, here’s my advice: Don’t wait.
24. The only thing worse than a bad marriage is staying in it.
25. A bad marriage is a dead marriage. If you’re unhappy, it’s time to leave. Don’t avoid it, don’t stay in the dark, and don’t hope things will get better on their own. Speak your truth, and leave quietly. Or yell, but leave anyway!
26. Bad marriages are worse than divorce.
27. If you’re in a bad marriage, it’s time to move on.
28. Leaving a bad marriage is may look like something difficult things to do but it’s something you should consider doing because of your mental health.
29. You can’t be happy spending your life with the wrong person. Leave a bad marriage.
30. If your marriage is a nightmare, chances are your life is just as bad. Leave a bad marriage.
31. Being single is better than being in a bad marriage.
32. To all the women who find themselves in a bad marriage, know that it’s not your fault. You are not alone. And you aren’t crazy.
33. If you are planning to leave a bad marriage, do not tell your wife first. If possible, leave the house before telling her.
34. A bad marriage is like death; you have to grieve to get on with your life.
35. Never stay in a marriage where you feel less than your whole self. Some things should never be tolerated.
36. If your heart hurts so much you feel it in your bones, you’re broken. You are allowed to be broken. You are allowed to take care of yourself now. Leave a bad marriage.
37. If a marriage is making us feel trapped and in a bad situation, we have the power to leave. We can walk away from a bad marriage.
38. It’s tough to end a marriage. Many things lead to separation—sometimes the obvious signs, sometimes not. If you’re in a bad marriage, and it’s affecting your self-esteem, it may be time for you to leave.
39. It’s not always going to be easy. You’ll fight, you’ll cry, and eventually, you’ll find happiness again. When you do, it’ll feel like a whole new life—the life you were meant to live.
40. You’re better than a partnership that doesn’t support you and your dreams. If the marriage you’re in isn’t working for you, walk away. You deserve to feel amazing.
41. When you leave a bad marriage, nothing is the same—and everything is different.
42. The only sadder case than a bad marriage is a bad divorce.
43. You deserve a marriage that is loving, supportive, and affirming. No strings attached. If you’re in a relationship like this, you need to get out immediately.
44. No marriage is perfect. Each person has to give and take, and sometimes that’s hard. But if you feel like all you ever do is give and the other person never does, maybe your time would be better spent out of a bad marriage. Leave!
45. If you’re thinking about staying in a bad marriage, it’s okay to consider divorce, too.
46. When both people want to get over it, it’s not worth fighting anymore. It’s better to be alone than to be in a bad marriage.
47. It takes courage to admit your mistakes and make the necessary changes. It takes even more bravery to forgive those who hurt you, and then move on. Don’t be afraid to leave a bad marriage.
48. You don’t have to settle. You can leave your bad marriage now, and start living a fulfilling life.
49. Make the choice now to leave your bad marriage, and enter a world of happiness.
50. Bad marriages happen, and that’s okay. It’s hard to stay in a marriage where one of you isn’t happy.
Hey, dear. Thank you for going through the leaving a bad marriage quotes up there. I hope you got so much value from them. Kindly drop your comments so I can know how you feel about them. Also, remember to tell others about this page. Thank you.