Retirement in general is one of those things people either fear or look forward to with equal magnitude. Retirement is that moment you’ve been waiting for when you get to do exactly what you want when you want. retirement can be an eye-opening and inspiring experience if you let it.
Running a plane into the ground, leaping out of the plane just before crashing, and then parachuting down to safety, is a hazardous thing to do; and yet there are times when you can be forced to do this to save your own life. Flying is one of the most thrilling things you can do. However, when you have to retire from flying, it is a time to think about what you enjoyed about flying in the first place, and how life is going to change for you.
Retirement is a special time in a pilot’s life. It is when you are at the peak of your profession or art. It is a big deal. This is the time when some people leave their careers, and take up an entirely new path in the form of starting a new career. There are many quotes about pilot retirement that can help you embrace this new journey.
Here are several pilot retirement quotes to help get you thinking about your own goals, and strategy for achieving them.
Pilot Retirement Quotes
Pilot retirement is the beginning of a new and exciting chapter in your life. It’s an opportunity to do the things you never had time for before – to spend time with family and friends, travel, and volunteer. Good luck.
1. Nothing compares to the feeling of freedom. Now that you’ve reached pilot retirement, you have time to embrace it.
2. People don’t retire from flying, they only retire from the airlines. It’s a lifestyle—your lifestyle.
3. Like the sunset of a pilot’s career, his flights are numbered. Happy retirement.
4. The only difference between your old life as a pilot and the new one is that you’re no longer flying. But at the same time, you feel like I’ve taken flight. Happy retirement.
5. There’s nothing normal about retiring but the phase. Every day is a blessing and challenge, so enjoy it to the fullest.
6. Dear pilot, it’s a good day to fly with the eagles. It’s a bad day to be a chicken. Live life to your fullest because you never know how many days you have left.
7. There’s only one other job that compares to being a pilot. Retiring from United after more than 27 years, I look forward to finding out what that job is.
8. For those who have been dreaming of the day they could retire, it’s time to let your “inner pilot” do some soaring. Now that you’re in retirement, explore the skies, and dream of the best adventures ahead.
9. When you’re a pilot, it’s not the number of miles flown that matters, but the memories made on the ground. Happy retirement.
10. Retirement isn’t the end. It’s just the beginning of a new chapter in your life story. Happy retirement.
11. There’s a whole new world out there, but we’ll always look back fondly on the one we left.
12. Now that you are retiring, the journey ahead is filled with new possibilities. But always remember the life you’ve built together. Happy retirement.
13. It’s been a full and rewarding career, but nothing can beat retirement. It’s exciting to think about the possibilities that await.
14. The end of an era; the start of a new one. Now that you’ve reached the edge of the world, take the time to reflect and be proud of what you’ve accomplished. Happy retirement.
15. It’s time to devote more time to your family, friends, and favourite outdoor activities. Happy retirement, pilot.
16. It’s time to enjoy life, explore your favourite outdoor activities, and experience something new. Happy retirement.
17. Everything you’ve done to prepare for retirement has made it possible. It’s time to relax, enjoy those you care about and refocus on your passions.
18. Retired pilot? Congratulations! Now’s the time to relax, and enjoy life.
19. Finally, you can enjoy your golden years. With this retirement plan, you’ll have time to do the things you care about.
20. As a pilot, you get used to having control of your life in your hands. But there comes a time when you’ve reached your last flight. Now it’s time for someone else to take over. Happy retirement.
21. Retiring from flying doesn’t mean retiring from life. Keep flying.
22. Looking forward to enjoying the next few years of retirement. The best is yet to come!
23. Never forget the time you spent flying. It’s a time that will always be with you, no matter where you are.
24. Dear pilot retirees: if you think you’re done flying, think again. As the saying goes, a great aeroplane is always within reach. Happy retirement.
25. You don’t have to fly anymore but you’ll always stay a pilot at heart. All our love and congratulations on your retirement.
26. A pilot’s wings don’t retire. They live on through the stories and memories of those he touched
27. This is it, my last landing as a Pilot. Saying hello to new adventures, my kids, and riding with this beautiful family!
28. Aviation will never be the same. There will be no one to replace you, only a generation that we hope can come close. Happy retirement.
29. At retirement age, it’s not the end of life, just a new beginning. It’s time to pursue your dreams, discover new interests, and enjoy a peaceful lifestyle. Happy retirement.
30. Retirement is your reward for a lifetime of hard work and dedication. You can now take the time to relax, travel, or pursue your dreams.
31. It’s just the start of a new chapter. You need to plan for retirement. Don’t wait, do it now.
32. Retirement is about finding the freedom to live life to its fullest. Plan for the next phase of your life, so you can do all the things you’ve dreamed of doing.
33. The reedom, the adventure, the wild, unencumbered life. This isn’t the end of it all – this is the beginning of the life of your dreams. Happy retirement.
34. There are a million reasons why piloting is the best job in the world. But there’s only one reason why it’s worth retiring from—to spend more time with you.
35. The sky’s the limit when you’ve got that wings badge. Farewell to a fellow pilot and local legend, as he takes his retirement flight.
36. It’s been a great flight, but it’s time to set the course and enjoy the rest of your life. Happy retirement.
37. You’ve lived a great life of adventure, and now it’s time to relax. You’re retiring to my rocking chair on the porch, with your face lifted to the wind and the rain. Happy retirement.
38. An unconventional view on pilot retirement. A pilot retirement story so real and provocative it’ll change the way you feel about life.
39. We bid you a heartfelt farewell. After a successful career flying our customers, we’re happy to be sending you on your next adventure.
40. Time to bid retirement. May you rest easy in your new career, and live happily with loved ones once more.
41. So many fun memories. So many friends were made. So many dreams were fulfilled. Not a moment of your time as an Air Force pilot will you forget. Thanks for the journey—now on to your next adventure!
42. It’s time to set up a new course. This is your moment. One that should be celebrated—not faded into the background. Happy retirement.
43. As a pilot, the road takes you to many places, yet, where you end up is home. Happy retirement.
44. From the sky down to the ground, my years as a pilot have been fun and fantastic. Happy retirement.
45. After two decades of flying friendly skies, you deserve some time to spend on your terms. Now is the time to figure out what’s next. Happy retirement.
46. At this time of my life, there are many things that I can look back on and smile on. I have made a lot of friends in my aviation life, and have been to many interesting places. But what I have enjoyed most is the privilege of flying—other than family, there could be nothing better.
47. When you’ve spent a lifetime taking off, flying, landing, and what’s next? We salute this pilot with a picture-perfect landing. Happy retirement.
48. Farewell and thank you to our faithful aviators who are ready to enjoy their retirement years.
49. Retirement is like a long vacation you never want to end. Happy retirement.
50. Being a pilot isn’t just something that you do – it’s who you are. But when the time comes to hang up those wings, you must be prepped and ready.
I hope you find the collection of pilot retirement quotes I have here interesting and helpful. Please feel free to leave your comments and endeavour to share them with your family and friends. Thank you.