When is it time to let go and move on? What is the right thing to do? When you lose people that are important to you, how do you deal with it?
To lose someone that is close is not something everyone can handle. Losing someone you love can be one of the hardest experiences in life. The death of a friend or even your spouse, or even your own parents may leave you feeling like you have been hit in the gut. No matter how long you knew that person, losing someone is hard.
Maybe you’ve just lost a loved one or have moved to a different state, or maybe something smaller has caused you to feel distant from someone who used to be important in your life. No matter what the cause, it’s never easy seeing someone you care about slip away from you.
There are quotes about losing people to help cope with it and help you move forward, and here they are below.
Quotes About Losing People
I will never forget the way you helped me when I needed it most. I do not like losing people close to me. You were like a second father to me, and I still think you didn’t deserve to die like that. Rest in peace.
1. Death is a reality of life. It happens to everyone, young and old alike. It can sometimes be difficult to come to terms with loss and accept the death of a loved one, especially if they were in the prime of their life. But, one has to move on, regardless.
2. There will never be a time where death doesn’t exist. It is a cold, cruel reality that everyone must face eventually; including myself. But there will always be something to remember him/her by.
3. There will never be a time where death does not exist, and there is nothing that can change that. Death is the reality that we all must face, but it affords us the chance to make memories to last forever.
4. Death is a reality of life. But by creating remembrance products, you are ensuring that you’ll have something to remember and hold on to about your loved ones after they’ve gone.
5. Death is inevitable. It is a cold and uncaring reality that promises to bring eternal rest to all of us one day. But the memory of those we have lost will always be with us, no matter what happens.
6. Although death is inevitable, you can still remember someone forever. Various memories will help ease the pain of your loss. And that’s such a great thing.
7. Just because someone you know dies, doesn’t mean that all the memories and experiences you had with them will disappear as well. They could live forever in your heart if you want them to.
8. Life is about death. You can try to ignore it all you want, but someday it will come for you too. Memories are a great way to keep you company until then. So, make the most of life.
9. In life, we win some, we lose some. Whether we like it or not, we must lose to death. The most important thing is to keep living and touching lives as much as possible.
10. Sometimes death comes earlier than expected. It is difficult for those left behind to figure out the next steps. Many people find it helpful to honour the memory of the loved one in some way, whether it be in a ceremony or by offering comfort and support to their friends and family.
11. Ever since he left you all alone in this world, sadness and grief have impacted your life in the most profound ways. You doubt you can continue to live without him, and you hope the thoughts of him make you strong, henceforth.
12. Death is a price we all have to pay. May all the dead keep resting in peace.
13. Hearing the death of someone makes one sad, especially when it’s someone so close. Whether or not they were a real one, the pain is always there.
14. The heart will ache when one hears about the death of a loved one. People do not get any sympathy but the deceased will always be an exemplary person.
15. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t afraid of death. Whenever I think about it, my palm gets wet and I start to remember the people who have left the world before me. I just want to live an exemplary life, so people will have good things to say about me when I finally exit this world.
16. The news about death gets to everyone, especially when the person was an amazing person, and they were never absent from so many occasions in your life.
17. Their smiles healed me so many times. As you remember them today, don’t forget to pray for them.
18. Once someone dies, the family and friends find it difficult to move on, especially if they were such a delight to everyone around them.
19. When you hear the news of a loved one’s death, you will be really sad. For months, you might not do anything meaningful with your life. All you would think about was how perfect they were.
20. The news of the demise of a loved one makes you sad. Thoughts of their death race through your head and you feel a connection to them as a fellow human being.
21. Death can be so cruel, but we all will leave this world, whether we like it or not. Just have an amazing time on earth.
22. It’s normal to be saddened by a loved one’s death. It’s such a huge slap on the face. But be glad they lived so well, before departing this world.
23. If it’s possible, no one deserves to die. Oh, only the wicked people.
24. You could have so many plans with them, and they still leave you. That’s life. You just move on from the trauma.
25. It will be hard to get into the rhythm of daily life again without them, but you have to move on and be your normal self.
26. The death of a loved one can be difficult to cope with. There is an emptiness and a feeling of dwelling in the past. But in all, death is inevitable.
27. Death is inevitable. We cannot escape it. As sad as our loss may seem, we must accept that death is a part of life, no matter how painful it might be. We must embrace the good memories we have of our loved ones, and always remember them as they were.
28. Even after many years, it would still be difficult to move on. You would always wish they could come back to life.
29. Sincerely, everyone who has lost anyone who made them smile deserves all the love in the world because the new ones will never make them smile the same way. Stay strong and undefeated.
30. To be honest, losing friends and loved ones is one of the most traumatic experiences ever. Whenever you remember them, you weep. May they rest in peace.
31. Each loss of a special one should help you become a better person. Thank only left you, your life didn’t end.
32. The world is full of mysteries and we just have to keep living with them. If you lose someone, don’t beat yourself up about it. You will be just fine.
33. They might have been your best friend. They might have been the closest person to me. They might have been there for you when you needed them. As you remember those times with a smile, you shed a tear. You will be fine.
34. Their deaths won’t just stop affecting you. It still feels fresh in your heart, and you hope you can heal. Yes, you are healing; you will heal.
35. You may be dead, but your memories are still fresh in my heart. I can never forget the things we had to go through together. You were such a strong fighter. Glad I met you, baby.
36. You wish they never left you alone in this cruel world. They left too soon, but you will forever cherish the memories you had together.
37. They were always there for you from the moment you were born and every moment after. They were more than just a friend to you; an integral part of your life. Don’t worry, they will keep resting in peace.
38. Whenever my heart aches for them, you remember them and talk to them in your heart. They were the best friend anyone could ever wish for, and you’re grateful you met a beautiful soul like them. They will continue to rest in peace.
39. Till she died, she never stopped showing your love. She was one of the best people in your corner. Till today, you’re still very grateful that you met her. Make her proud by being strong. You got this.
40. Life is about love, about sharing the best times and being there in the worst of times. But sometimes death comes earlier than expected. It’s difficult for those left behind to figure out what to do next. But in my case, I’m trying my possible best to get out of this.
41. It’s really difficult for me to figure out what’s next for me. Ever since your death, I haven’t found anything easy. Things are so hard for me, and I just hope I can get wet out of this feeling once and for all.
42. Your death was such a huge blow on the face. I never knew something could break me until you died. It was then I found out that my strength lay in you. Thank you for being so close to me. I miss you forever.
43. Unfortunately, death happens. It is a sad time for anyone who has experienced it. Regardless of what stage of life you’re in, there are many ways to honour the memory of your loved one.
44. When someone you love dies too early, there’s nothing you can do to bring them back. The best support you can give to your family and friends is a shoulder to cry on and love, lots of love and comfort.
45. Words cannot express the sadness I feel over a loved one’s death. The experience is such a bitter and difficult one. You find it so hard to move on, and it’s killing you deep inside.
46. The last thing that someone wants to think about is what happens after death, but it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t plan for the future.
47. When a loved one passes away, it is best to let go of the grief and move on with life. That’s exactly what I am doing because it’s right about time. Cheers to life!
48. Death is a natural part of life. It helps individuals move on, to a better place after years of torment by themselves or others.
49. Death is never easy, even under the best of circumstances. But it is simply a part of life, and there’s absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.
50. The inescapable truth of life is death. Many moments pass before we, too, join the ranks of those who have gone before. It’s painful, but it will happen to us all.
51. Death is part of life. Unfortunately, it is inevitable. It’s best to live your life to the fullest and not dwell on it. For even though we will all die someday, our loved ones do not want us to be sad.
52. Having lost a close friend to death, I understand the grief that everyone is going through. Death isn’t a good thing at all. But it’s sad that we must go through it.
53. No, you didn’t die. You just went up there to join the angels. They needed someone so sweet and perfect, and so they had to choose you. No, you will never die.
54. I hate death so much because it took away the best person in my life. Ever since my friend’s death, I have never been myself. I just want to move on and be happy again.
55. People come in and out of your life for a reason. Some move on, others stay. At least they should if they love you and care about you. And no, you didn’t lose them. They lost you, instead.
56. Even though we can’t be with them tonight, they will always hold a special place in our hearts. And that’s the most important thing. May the fallen heroes keep resting in peace.
57. Whether or not you stay in my life, life has to keep moving. I’m done convincing you about friendship. For now and forever, it’s going to be about my life and those that care about me.
58. I have never lost anyone. They keep losing me because they don’t know the importance of having someone like me in their lives. I’m glad I found my way out of draining friendships. Cheers to the good life.
59. It’s not how much time you spent with someone that defines the relationship, it’s how good it was while it lasted. I’m so happy to be done with this friendship.
60. The best of friends are those who turn into your family and encourage you when everyone else lets you down. For now, they will be more room for opportunists in my life. I’m on to greater things.
61. Losing someone you love can be one of the hardest experiences in life. Ever since I lost you, things have not remained the same. I really wish I could move on from all of these before I lose my mind.
62. The loss of a friend, a spouse, or even your own parents can leave you feeling like you have been hit in the gut. I’m very happy that these people are still very much alive and active.
Losing People Quotes
Losing people sometime comes earlier than expected. It is difficult for people left behind to figure out what to do next. Many people find it helpful to honour the memory of the people they lose in some way, whether it be in a ceremony or by offering comfort and support to their friends and family.
63. The death of a close person is not something everyone can handle. The first thing that comes to your mind is mourning, sadness and grief. I’m so sorry about your friend’s death. I wish you divine healing.
64. Actually, to shoulder the loss of your loved one, you need to utter some comforting statements to achieve peace of heart. I hope you meet good people that will comfort you with the words of their mouth. So sorry.
65. Although the death of a loved one can be devastating, remember that you are still loved. You may also find comfort in attending a funeral or memorial service for the loved one. I wish you true healing.
66. If you have lost a loved one, take time to reflect on the wonderful times you spent together. They might make you cry, but you will be relieved, knowing that they are in a better place.
67. We all have a breaking point when it comes to dealing with loss. We try to fight through it, but eventually, we have a crisis and need the help of someone that can guide us through the pain.
68. It is heartbreaking to know that your loved one has not made it, but there’s nothing you can do to bring them back. You just have to be strong for them, so they smile down on you and be proud of you.
69. The death of a loved one has one reaction; shock and pain. One of the best ways to find light in your darkest hour is through the guidance of grief counsellors. You sure would be fine.
70. Even the strongest mental fortitude has a breaking point. When the mind is pushed to its limit, it’s important to know you have someone who is there for you when you need care and support. Be strong.
71. When you’re suffering from grief, it’s easy to feel isolated and alone. That’s why people turn to bereavement therapy for compassionate support in their time of need.
72. There are ways light at the end of the tunnel. It may seem as though things are not going well, because you just lost a loved one, but soon, you will find your feet on the right path. Stay strong.
73. Friends come and go, and that’s just life. It has nothing to do with hate or dislike. Some things are better ended than continued. In all, just make sure you’re happy with the life you live.
74. Trust me letting go is sometimes the only way to move forward. It doesn’t make you weak or below standards. You just had to do what needed to be done. Keep smiling.
75. Losing someone you love and who had always been in your life is such a powerful thing to experience. It can be so tragic. You can feel the emptiness and sadness from their absence. This is exactly what I’m going through, and I wish myself maximum healing.
76. How I wish I never lost you. Your death came as a very rude shock to everyone. You meant the world to me, but you still had to leave without me. It’s so painful, but what can I do?
77. The hardest thing to let go of is holding on. We all have people we love and cherish in our lives. They are the most important entities that can create an unbreakable bond. But once it’s over, then it’s over.
78. Sometimes, relationships and friendships come with so many ups and downs. Once it’s not funny anymore, we have to let them go and keep moving on.
79. Losing people hurt. And I admit, it’s something that I hate to see happen. But it does happen and that’s where moving on comes in. Don’t stay down. Take your mind off it, and keep moving.
80. It doesn’t matter whether you’re the one leaving or the one being left. What matters is that you’ve left the energies that are no more beneficial to you. And that’s some queen shit.
81. We all know that saying that you can’t love until you love yourself first. But for a lot of people, it can be hard to love themselves and even harder to love someone else. Don’t be associated with people like this. Move on from whatever makes you look like a fool.
82. We’ve all lost people in our lives that have made us happy. The pain of losing someone will always hit hard, but we have a small piece of memory to hold onto, regardless.
83. There is nothing more tragic than losing a person you love and care about. Indeed, it hurts. It is even worse when you feel like you don’t have anyone to share this feeling with. It’s not something most people enjoy talking about, but sometimes, it becomes inevitable and necessary. Discuss how you feel with someone, so you can be free from the thoughts of the dead one.
84. Losing someone that you care about can be one of the toughest experiences out there. When someone leaves us it can be hard not to think about what we could have done differently or how we could have said goodbye differently. But, we have to move on, regardless.
85. A great deal of grief comes from dwelling on our regrets, but if we let ourselves grieve and mourn, then we will find a way through our grief together.
86. I never knew losing a loved one is like earth losing a star. I’m so sorry for the times I took you for granted. I honestly wish I could right my wrongs. But since it’s impossible, keep resting in peace.
87. Honestly, grief is the price we pay for love. I have never really enjoyed myself, ever since you left. Your death was and is still a rude shock to so many people. Rest in power, dear friend.
88. You were there at every stage in my life. A comforting smile when I was a child and your shoulder to cry on when I lost a loved one. You believed that good things happen when we try to transform them into reality. I am so thankful that you were always there for me. But now, you’re no more.
89. Your presence in my life is what I will always be thankful for. You were more than just a friend. I honestly do hope that you’re resting in peace. I love you forever.
90. We went through everything together: happiness, sadness, and even death. You believed that everything can be solved if we tried hard enough; I am so thankful that you were always there for me. Keep resting on.
91. You were there for me when I lost a loved one and needed a shoulder to cry on. You always made me feel special like I was the most important person in the world. Now that you’re no more, no one is here to provide a shoulder to cry on. I miss you so much.
92. After the demise of my parents, you stood in for me in everything. You made sure I didn’t lack. No one knew you weren’t my father. Even though you’re not more, your memories will always linger on.
93. Times have always revealed you to be the best person in my life. With you, things were so smooth and I had no reason to complain about anything. You’re no more, but I still cherish all our memories together.
94. You have supported me when I needed you most. You have comforted me when I was sad and you always believed in me. Thank you for doing all you could, and being the best parents anyone could ask for. Rest in peace.
95. I remember, your smile glowed as I ran into your arms. I wanted it to stay like that, forever. You were always there for me when I needed you most; you listened to my problems and provided solutions. You showed me that great things happen because of hard work. You made me the person I am today. Rest in peace, dear one.
96. You were always there for me to talk about all of my dreams and never for once have you told me that it won’t happen. I am so grateful to have had you in my life.
Rest in peace.
97. Losing you left me devastated and shattered. I haven’t been myself, ever since you left. I just hope I will be able to keep coping because this is a lot. I miss you so much. Rest in power, my dear.
98. I’m so grateful for all the times you came through for me. You were always there for me during my good and bad times. Thank you for being so trusting in me, even when I was a child. Thank you for always believing in me, till you left this world. I will never forget the times we spent together.
99. You have supported me through every single twist and turn of my life. Challenges big and small, you were at my side encouraging me to be the best person I could be. I love and miss you so much.
100. A friend is a person with whom you share many enjoyable moments of your life. To me, you were this and more. You were a true sister and friend. I’m so happy I got to know you before you left. Rest in peace.
Hello there. I hope you were able to get some of these quotes about losing people, to help ease the pain you’re going through. I hope you get over it, very soon. Please, don’t forget to drop your comment(s) in the box below, so I can know how satisfied you are. Thank you.