Being hurt by your family is one of life’s worst experiences. There are times when you are confronted with the harsh reality that the people you love the most can actually end up hurting you, either consciously or unconsciously. This is usually very hard to deal with. While the family is important, their hurtful actions can be very painful to the person who is being hurt by the family members.
However, the family isn’t the only one that can cause trouble – but they’re certainly the most likely culprit. Whether you’re hurt by a brother or sister, mother or father, grandparent or cousin, you’ll find some comfort in these being hurt by family quotes and you can let someone know how it feels to be hurt by a family member who you love and trust.
Quotes on Being Hurt by Family
Being deeply hurt by family or a loved one who was supposed to know you best and love you unconditionally can really make you wonder what went wrong. It is hard to get over this kind of searing pain of being hurt by family.
1. When family hurts you, you can either let it define you or you can learn from it and make your own definition of family.
2. When considering family, there are very few things more important than blood, which makes us all brothers and sisters. When we hurt each other, it can feel like we’re hurting our own flesh and blood. But it’s important that we learn from our mistakes and move forward.
3. Family is complicated. It’s painful. It’s frustrating. But it’s also one of the most beautiful things in this world. Family members can hurt each other, but we should learn to forgive one another.
4. Family is a term used by several definitions, whether it’s the people who raise you or the group who love and care about you, but it doesn’t mean they are perfect. Family can hurt each other. Just let it go and forgive.
5. But the more interesting and complicated the family, the more opportunities there are to learn, love and be loved and when you are being hurt by family, you can always talk it out.
6. Family is the most important thing in your life. It’s what holds you together and makes you who you are. You can’t love anyone else as much as you love them if they’re gone, so never give up on the ones who love you the most because they are hurting you.
7. Family is always there for you, no matter what. Family comes first. Don’t let misunderstanding tear you apart. Family is a beautiful thing to have, but you can be hurt by them; it is how you handle it that matters.
8. Family is a construct of love, not blood. Love your family but remember, when they hurt you, they are just people who love you.
9. Your family is made up of the people who always have your back. And no bloodline can define that love. Don’t forget it., so when family is hurting you, remember the bond that holds you all together.
10. Family is more than blood – blood is thicker than water – choose your friends wisely – with family, you’re able to learn who you are and what matters most in life. No matter how hurt you feel hurt by family, remember that there will be a time when you have to forgive.
11. Being hurt by family is a natural and universal human emotion. Expect it and accept it when it comes. But you still need to forgive in order to heal the hurt and move on with your life.
12. Remember, no matter how badly you feel hurt by family, in the end, everything will work out. Just don’t give up. You’ll have your happy ending yet.
13. It’s easy to forgive family when we think about how much they have hurt us. The true test is in the ability to forgive them when we need to when it’s going to take some effort. Being hurt by family is painful, but we need to forgive.
14. Forgiveness is the answer to being hurt by family. The sooner you forgive and forget, the sooner you can move on and be happy again.
15. It hurts when the one you believe can’t hurt you hurts you the most. Being hurt by family gives another kind of pain that sometimes feels hard to bear. It takes courage to love those who hurt you.
16. Family or friends, you can’t control them. You can only control yourself and the way you react when the family is hurting you.
17. You can choose what you focus on, but you can’t control the things that impact your life. Being hurt by family can impact your life negatively, don’t dwell on it, shift your focus elsewhere.
18. Family can hurt you and make you feel like they don’t care, but they always do. Being hurt by family doesn’t mean they stop loving you. Always remember that you will always be loved by your family.
19. Being hurt by family can make you think your family hates you, but they don’t. It takes a lifetime to build a family and only seconds to destroy it.
20. People who are considered family sometimes betray you. They can bring your worst self out. And they can make you feel like they don’t care when they really do. Being hurt by family can make you feel lonely but don’t forget, they love you.
21. Family doesn’t always treat you the way you want to be treated, and you might feel hurt; that’s because sometimes, the family doesn’t know how to deal with your problems. Sometimes, the family makes it even harder for you to cope with your issues. But in the end, family is still there for you
22. Being hurt by family hurts. You can’t stop it or avoid it, but you can choose your reaction to it. Forgiveness is not easy, but at the end of the day, all you have is your family.
23. You can’t please your family, so you may sometimes feel hurt by family when they don’t support you, but you might as well make them happy. Family is where you find out who really loves you.
24. It’s not being hurt by family that kills, it’s the betrayal. It hurts when the people you love stab you in the back, but if you dwell on the betrayal, it will be hard to move forward.
25. The only thing that hurts more than being hurt by family is the feeling of not being able to say, “I’m sorry.”
26. The hardest part about being hurt by family is the feeling of having to forgive them. It’s a struggle we never want to face. Some things in life we need to let go of, and hope that the next time around, we forgive them.
27. Your family plays a big role in your life. They’re like an extension of your heart, and they deserve unconditional love even when they hurt you. Forgiveness is always better than resentment. It’s time to end the feud and move on.
28. When we are being hurt by family, we’re not alone. We are all wounded by family and friends. That’s what makes us human—and beautiful. They don’t call it a family for anything. They’re meant to hurt you and make you feel small, but they’re also supposed to help you grow into a better person.
29. Your family may hurt you, but they love you. So don’t let them get the best of you. Just keep going, and you will achieve that dream. Family is the one thing that no amount of money can buy.
30. Family is not a shelter from the storms of life. It’s a source of strength and support, a refuge in times of trouble, and a sanctuary in times of peace, but when family is hurting you, it can be tormenting.
31. When family hurts you, don’t be afraid to tell them how you feel. Chances are they don’t realize what they’re doing and want to make things right with you.
32. When you are being hurt by family, make them aware of what they’re doing to you so they can know you feel hurt by their action.
33. When family is hurting you, talk to them about it. They may not know they are hurting you.
34. Sometimes, family members hurt each other without meaning to. They may act in ways you don’t like and hurt your feelings, but they want to be close to you and are sorry when they’ve made you feel bad.
35. If your family is hurting you, don’t sit there and take it. Try to make things right with them before they’re gone forever.
36. If you don’t tell your family how you feel, they may never know how their negative behaviours affect you. When family is hurting you, speak out!
37. Having family that hurts you is part of life. Don’t let it get you down. It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you’re not.
38. Don’t expect your family to be perfect. They are human, just like you. The family will hurt you, but, in the end, they are still your family.
39. Every family has its own unique genetic code, with painful and fascinating things lurking inside. Being hurt by family is like a knife—no matter how many times you pull it out of your chest and look at it, the wound never heals.
40. When family hurts you, the wound never heals. No matter how many times you tell yourself that the world isn’t so small, it’s hard to forget.
41. Not all family members are nice. Some of them hurt you deep in your soul. Being hurt by family hurts more than being hurt by a stranger. It’s always the people closest to you who can hurt you the most.
42. Going home for the holidays and having your aunt tell you you’re wasting your life, financially and romantically, is like getting cut by that knife: you don’t know when it’ll happen, but when it does, it’s just awful.
43. Family can hurt you. They make mistakes, and sometimes they don’t even know it. But the most important thing is to forgive them, whether it’s intentional or not.
44. Be careful of family who tries to hurt you. You can’t change them, but you can control how you look at them. You can’t change what happened, but you can choose how you respond to it.
45. Family can be a real source of strength and support. But sometimes, they can also be the source of hurtful words or actions that leave you with scars you won’t soon forget. When family is hurting you, remember that they probably don’t mean to. They just do it.
46. Sometimes, the people we love hurt us the most. Being hurt by family can break the strong bond holding the family together.
47. No matter how bad and how much being hurt by family hurt, don’t ever let that define you. Be who you truly are—a good person and a great sibling.
48. Family can hurt you. They can disappoint you and let you down in the worst moments of your life. But family will always be there for you. Family is those who love you no matter what, but family is also those who hurt you when they don’t understand you.
49. Sometimes, our family break us down and make us feel like we’ll never be good enough. Just let them. Be yourself and live your best life!
50. You may be surprised to know that you’re hurt by a family member over something you’ve done, not the other way around.
51. Family hurts, but the ones who stay make everything worth it. Family is the people who show up when the rest of the world walks away
52. It’s easy to get hurt by your family. Just ask any woman who has a mom, sister or aunt on her Facebook feed.
53. Family relationships are hard. Family hurts. Family can be frustrating and confusing, but family is important – a reminder that life is unfair and you must fight for what’s right.
54. Unfortunately, relationships with family members can be difficult. Family hurts you; they say things that aren’t nice, and they don’t necessarily do things the way you want them to.
55. Relationships with family can be difficult. They often complicate your life in mysterious ways, teach you to fight for the harder things in life, and make you better prepared to handle obstacles. Family hurts.
56. Feeling sad about being hurt by a family is okay. It’s okay to feel hurt. But you can’t stay in that space of pain. You have to find hope and leave that room with a smile on your face
57. Never forget that the people you love, laugh with and grow up with are always a part of your past. Whether they want to be or not, they’re always a part of your now. So, forgive your family for hurting you.
58. The wounds from family fall deeper than any other hurt. Family is forever. But sometimes, our family hurts us, even when we love them. So be careful what you wish for. The most painful part about being hurt by family is not the fight; it’s leaving.
59. Being hurt by family. It’s OK to be angry. It’s OK to feel hurt, but you have to let go of the hurt
60. Being hurt by family is painful, but Family is the only thing you get in this life, so hold on to them as tight as you can.
61. Family is the one place you can always depend on to hurt you. Its consistency makes it impossible to avoid, even when you’ve changed since the last time you visited…
62. No matter how hurt you are by family, it’s hard to reject family. It’s even harder to forgive them.
63. When family members hurt each other, it’s usually unintentional. They never intend to start a feud. But if one doesn’t lay down their arms, the bitterness that follows can be as devastating as an atomic bomb
64. When family is hurting you, be strong, and know deep down inside that all will be fine.
65. Family is like a soft, cuddly blanket offering warmth and protection. They are also painful thorns that can stab you at any moment.
66. Family is meant to love and support you, but some of them break your heart. They hurt you and make you feel you are not worthy of anything.
67. Family hurts. The truth is, your family will disappoint you and make mistakes, but at the end of the day, it’s where you’ll always call home.
68. You can’t go on pretending the past is all some big mistake. It’s who you are and part of who you’ll become. So, I want you to remember that you’re not alone. And one day, your family will understand.
69. When you find out family members don’t want to be a part of your life anymore, it sucks. But when you take it in stride and understand the reasoning for your absence in their lives, you can create a new definition of family.
70. Family hurts. You get over it. What we often forget is that family is not always as we wish them to be… but sometimes they are, in fact, just people.
71. I would give anything for my mom to love me the way she loves my sister. Sometimes, I feel alone and left out. My mom only cares about my sister.
72. I thought it would be better because I loved them, but they just hurt me more. Some are lucky—they have a loving family, but others aren’t as blessed as they are. But it doesn’t matter anymore because we are strong enough to be on our own.
73. All I ever wanted was to be loved by my family. Now they’re just making it hard. Family is a cage you can’t escape from.
74. Being hurt by family has made me think about what I was told that family is everything, but I’m starting to think it’s actually the opposite.
75. We all want to be loved and accepted by our family. However, sometimes family members say things or do things that hurt us. If family is hurting you, tell them how you feel
76. My family has hurt me. I don’t think I will ever be able to trust them again. My family betrayed me. I can never be sure if my family will betray or hurt me again.
77. I thought my family’s love was unconditional, but they took it away without even as much as a warning.
78. my family is hurting me. My family is blackballing me due to a mistake I have made. It’s hard not to break down.
79. We are all wounded by family. Some wounds are open, and like the scars, they leave behind, some scars take years to heal. Being hurt by family can take forever to heal.
80. family has hurt me, and now I know the truth: family members are not infallible. They can be mean, and hurtful and sometimes, they take advantage of you. I thought family was the only thing that we had that will never let us down. My family has let me down. I have been hurt by family.
81. Family can comfort you, but it can also hurt you. Family can bring you great joy, but they can also cause a lot of pain and suffering.
82. Family is a blessing and a curse to anyone. They can make you feel loved but also crush your heart into a million pieces.
83. Family can lift you up and support you when your life seems to be falling apart, but they can be the first to tear you down.
84. I am hurting right now. I thought my family was here to protect me, but now I realize they don’t care about me at all. My family has hurt me; it’s hard to forgive them.
85. Family has hurt me. I’ve been disappointed, disappointed in my own actions, and done things that hurt people close to me. But somewhere along the way, I realized that the heart of a family is love.
86. When family hurts you, go find your own family. Family is where the heart is; for me, it’s always been broken. I want to be in a place where people love me no matter what and don’t judge me for who I am.
87. Family, friends and loved ones can hurt you and break your heart into pieces. Words leave scars that may never heal. Some will do everything they can to sever the relationship. Others will forgive and forget.
88. Being hurt by family doesn’t mean you can no longer depend on them. You can’t count on anyone else. Friends may come and go, but your family is always there for you in times of need. You can always count on them.
89. We have all been hurt by family. You just have to learn to love yourself before truly loving someone else (or anything else). You’re in pain because you’ve never learned to love yourself.
90. My family hurt me in childhood. Since then, my family is not been the same as they once were; they have become strangers to me
91. Family can be so complicated. If a family is hurting you, don’t let them off the hook by making excuses for them.
92. I don’t want your pity or your love. I want you to understand. I want you to feel my pain, my heartbreak. I want you to know that feeling hurt by family and broken is okay because I feel it too.
93. Being hurt by family makes the word family leave me with a bad taste.
94. Being hurt by family makes me think it’s good to be alone because if you are alone, no one can hurt you, no one who can make you feel alone.
95. There is a difference between being hurt by family and being destroyed. The pain you feel in your heart is temporary, but the scars last forever.
96. Being hurt by Family makes me see family as a complete joke. I don’t believe there is anything called family anymore.
97. Being hurt by family made me understand that family is not necessarily blood. It’s the people who fill your life with joy, hope and love that matter more.
98. Being hurt by family made me see family as a source of fear and pain.
99. Being hurt by family made me realize family love is not perfect. It’s messy and imperfect. It is aching and painful at times. But it’s everything we can be when we leave the world of safety and security behind, and reach out to others in vulnerability, a vulnerability that can only be healed through our past wounds—and let them heal us.
1oo. Being hurt by family made me wish It would be nice to be surrounded by people who accept who I am and what I want to do with my life, but that doesn’t happen. I’ve learned that you can’t please everyone in the family, so do what makes you happy.
101. I was ten when my parents told me they were splitting up. I’d gone to school that morning expecting everything in my world to stay the same, and yet everything had changed. But underneath the hurt, I realized that the family will hurt you, but it won’t stop you from loving them.
102. I have stood by, watched, and listened to too many people get hurt by family, friends and love. It has taught me that it is better to stand alone than to let someone else drag you down.
Hope these quotes on being hurt by family showed you that hurtful words can permanently alter our behaviour, movement, and ultimately who we are. Share them with every member of your family and loved ones. Thanks for reading.