130+ Words of Appreciation for Friends
The greatest need of human being is to be appreciated, cared for, loved, trusted and respected. And Allan Cohen once said, "Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts."
Offering the words of appreciation is the best way to show people you value them and also the best way to fortify relationships.
Have you decided to appreciate what you have, where you are and who you are with? Please don't trouble yourself trying to articulate words, here are compilation of words of appreciation messages suitable for all occasions.
Contents on this Page:
The best of messages of gratitude for a special friend of yours. they double as text messages to use on thanksgiving day,or friendship day. Send these to that awesome friend of yours and make them feel extremely loved by you.
1. I appreciate your determination in showing me I can do anything I truly desire to do! Thanking you for your perseverance, support, and love!
2. I almost killed myself because I feel so unloved, and then you came out of the blue moon, to show me what love is. Thank you for everything!
3. No one encourages my dreams more than you do. Thanks for always cheering me on and for supporting me always.
4. Thanks for being a friend in need, thanks for standing by me when the going was tough. Thanks for being a friend I can always rely on.
5. You have proved to be a true friend and all I can say is thank you. For words can't convey my gratitude. Thank you for sticking close.
6. There’s no controversy, the best friend award goes to you. You’re the best of friends dear. Always so true. I celebrate you.
7. They say “a friend in need is a friend indeed”, thank you for coming through for me in my time of greatest need. You are a friend indeed.
8. My life is so blessed with some of the most amazing people. Thank you for being part of my journey. Thank you, my dear friend.
9. Thank you for being there for me always. You didn’t try to fix me, but just let me feel supported and cared for.
10. Lovers share their hearts; friends share their soul. From happy moments to tears of sadness to dark secrets, I have shared everything with you. I'm blessed to have a friend like you.
11. Life is better when you share it with someone awesome — like you! I highly value every present coming from you and everything about you.
12. I sometimes forget to say thank you to the people who make the biggest difference in my life. Who help to make the bad stuff bearable, and the good stuff much more fun. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for being my friend!
13. I want to show how important you are to me. I thought I would be lost in the dark forever but you give me the lamp and guide my way. I truly appreciate it!
14. When life was tough on me and I was all alone. You came in and guided me through the ups and downs. Thank you so much!
15. We’ve come such a long way, loving and trusting. No one can take your place in my heart. Thank you for being such a dear friend.
16. You have taken all my mood swings and my midnight calls with a smile on your face. Thanks for being the sounding board I can always depend on.
17. If the world had more people like you it would be a better place. You do make a difference and I will never forget what you have done for me.
18. I’m so grateful for your thoughtfulness. Words are powerless to express my gratitude.
19. I still can't believe how much you put up with me — I'm so glad we're still friends. Thanks for accepting me for who I am.
20. Knowing that I have friends who appreciate and love me, is the best feeling in the world. Thank you to all my wonderful friends. You guys are wonderful!
21. Your friendship is a special gift. Generously given, happily accepted, and deeply appreciated!
22. Your friendship means so much to me. The sound of your voice is always so reassuring. Thank you for believing so strongly in my dreams. Thank you for supporting me always.
23. Great friendships require sacrifice and commitment. Only I know how much you have sacrificed for me. How can I ever repay you?
24. Let me start by giving you a hug and saying 'thank you' for all the sacrifices you have made in your life. Don't worry, I'm going to shower you with a lot of gifts, too!
25. You have embodied the true meaning of friendship. I am so grateful to know you and to have you in my life.
26. For all the hours you spend on your knees in prayer for our home, for your gentle encouragement, for your exemplary lifestyle, I say thank you.
27. Your friendship spices up my life and makes it beautiful in more ways than one. Thank you for being a dear friend.
28. A special thank you from my heart to a person so special in my life. To a person who means a lot. A special thank you from me to you, for making life feel like new. A very big thank you!
29. Sometimes I feel that you are my guardian angel. If you are, you are doing one hell of a job. Thanks, mate!
30. You are always so kind and patient with me even when I’m not in the best of behaviours. How do you manage to be so temperate even in the most unpleasant circumstances? I’ve learnt so much from you and still learning. Thank you for your rich friendship.
31. When it appeared there was no way for me, you came through when I least expected and especially when you had your own challenges. Thank you, dear friend, thank you so much.
32. I don't want thousands of friends on Facebook, nor do I want thousands of followers on Twitter, and neither on Instagram too. I just want a real friend like you.
33. Thanks for being present in my life, all the time, all the way. I am very grateful for the extreme amount of understanding you give to me whenever I am being stubborn.
34. The gift from you that I appreciate the most is the friendship! Thank you for everything. More years of friendship for us.
35. Friends like you are what make life worthwhile. I can't wait to see what the years ahead of us bring.
36. Not a day goes by that I don't think about how much your friendship means to me. You really mean a whole lot dear!
37. If I could give our friendship a name, it would be Memories Unlimited. Thanks for giving me beautiful memories that I am going to cherish for a lifetime.
38. The power of friendship is a lot more than fun times. It is a pity I don't always acknowledge it at the time. Today, I take this chance to say thank you to the best friend ever.
39. Friendship is such a special thing and I'm so glad I get to share it with you. I'm grateful to God for giving you to mean!
40. Worries in my life are halved because I can share them with you. Happiness in my life is doubled because you never let me feel blue. Thank you!
41. Please accept this present from me as a small token of appreciation for the support you've given me. Your kindness means a lot to me.
42. You cannot imagine how much strength your support has given me during this difficult time. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and your words of encouragement.
43. I can't spend a day without talking to you, and I can't imagine my life without you in it. I am addicted to you, my dear friend.
44. Thanks for feeding my addiction and pacifying my craving every time I needed the support of a true friend like you.
45. I count myself as the luckiest person in the world to have you as a friend. For you're indeed closer and helpful to me than my own blood!
46. The pieces of advice you gave me are highly appreciated. If I didn’t listen to you, I will not be happy right now. Thank you so much!
47. Thank you for the times we shared, the laughter, the joy, the bitterness, the sorrow and the glory. You are a true friend!
48. I thought you are just being harsh on me, and then I come to think that you just want what’s best for me. Thank you. I appreciate your love.
49. I want to become a successful person so I can share the joys, happiness, and riches of life with family and friends like you. You are my motivation; you are my inspiration. Thanks!
50. You have helped me in more ways than you know—I am forever in your debt and happy you never left me despite my flaws.
51. Our friendship has survived so many storms, thanks for staying true through it all. I’m confident that no matter what the coming years bring, our friendship will remain.
52. Thank you for your smiles that make my day absolutely free of anguish! I relish all your efforts to release me out of my agonies. Thank you!
53. The afflictions coming one after another almost took my life away, until you came and help me get through. I appreciate your presence!
54. A life without friends is like a flower without petals. Thanks for making my life colourful, dear friend!
55. You help me push my boundaries, motivate me when I'm feeling down, and listen when I'm sad. I really appreciate you dear!
56. You are a delightful, sweet person and I hope to be friends with you always, for you mean so much to me more than even you can imagine!
57. Few people have the privilege of having such a supportive and giving friend. I am beyond lucky to have you in my life. Thank you for being there for me yet again.
58. I am so grateful that you are in my life. Please accept my warmest thanks for your thoughtfulness and words of comfort. I appreciate you.
59. I wanted to buy you a gift on this day, but I couldn't find anything that was worth the friendship between the both of us. From the bottom of my heart, I want to say 'thank you' for being the friend that I never deserved. Don't worry, I got you a gift, too!
60. There aren't enough words for me to express just how much you mean to me, so I'll just say this: You are lifted and abound in favour.
61. I feel like you need to be there whenever I'm telling a story because you've always been there for the biggest moments of my life and can talk about them better than me!
62. You are hilarious, kind, and generous. I'm so happy to have you as a friend.
63. I’m lucky to have such a dear friend like you. Indeed I’m favoured by God. Thank you for being so different from the others.
64. Friends like you are so rare. You stick closer than family and I know I can always count on you. Thanks for being such a true friend.
65. To me, you’re flawless. All I’ve experienced with you is pure love. Thank you for bringing your best to the table in this friendship. Thank you, my dear friend, for all that you are and for all that you do.
66. Thank you for the peaceful ambience that is our home. You make me look forward to coming home every night. I realize this is rare and I don’t take it for granted. Thank you.
67. Sometimes I just wonder what I would have done without you. You have been the pillar I've been leaning on all these years. Thanks for being the support system of my life.
68. Thank you for being the shoulder I cry on, the support I lean on and the hand that wipes my tears. What would I do without your friendship? You are one in a million.
69. I truly feel that you know me better than I know myself. I'm ever grateful for your friendship.
70. From the moment we met, I knew that we were going to be the best of friends. I'm so glad I was right.
71. A friend like you is more than just a friend. You are like a magic pill which bids farewell to my sorrows and welcomes happiness in my life every day. Thanks for fixing my crazy life.
72. You have such a special personality that lights up the entire room. I'm lucky to call you my friend.
73. There is no one quite like you in this entire world, and I get to have you as a friend. How cool is that!
74. I don't need coffee, tea, soda, smokes, Slurpees, or energy drinks. You are my daily fix, and a conversation with you is all I need to start my day. Thanks for kickstarting my life every single day!
75. Friends are the spice of life, and you, my friend, are extra spicy! We're the perfect pair — you eat my chips and I eat your pickle.
76. You've stuck by me through so many ups and downs and I want you to know that I'll always be there for you.
77. Being friends with you makes me want to celebrate every day. Thanks for adding truckloads of joy and happiness in my life, every day.
78. Words are not enough to express how grateful I am for the help you gave me. Thank you; I only hope I'll be able to return the favour to you sometime. Anything you need, just ask me!
79. I just wanted to express how much I appreciate your support. Thank you for being there for me.
80. As far as I'm concerned, every day is Friendship Day because every day I get to be friends with you.
81. We have done everything together since childhood. Today I just want to thank you for being such a wonderful friend. I look forward to sharing many more of life's lovely moments with you.
82. Even though we've both changed a lot over the years, I still feel that I am as close to you as ever.
83. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn and to grow under you. Thank you for not feeling threatened by my baby steps. Thank you for not killing the first signs of my fire. I have so much to be grateful for. I appreciate you a lot.
84. Thank you for teaching me to always increase my capacity. Thank you for believing in me when no one did. Thank you for spotting the potentials in me when I didn’t recognize it myself. Thank you for so much.
85. You believed in me when I stopped believing in myself. I started believing in myself only because you believed in me. Thanks for everything, my friend.
86. You've helped me see the potential in myself. I don't think I could have done all I've done without you.
87. Serendipity brought you into my life and oh! Am I grateful? You bring your all to the table, you hold nothing back. Thank you for being such a true friend. I totally love you.
88. Having spent all these years doing crazy things with you, I think I may have overlooked thanking you for being a terrific friend. Thanks, pal!
89. I don't say this nearly enough, but I am so glad that we're friends. I love you so much and am so thankful that we know each other.
90. It's a shame I don't tell you this every day, but "YOU ARE AN AWESOME FRIEND AND I LOVE YOU!"
91. Sometimes my boyfriend/girlfriend complains that I spend too much time with you, but I just can't help it. Thanks for sticking by me all these years, buddy.
92. Through thick and thin, you've always been there for me and I can't thank you enough.
93. When I’m happy, you laugh with me. When I’m grieving, you don’t cry with me but you help me shed the tears. I will always treasure you!
94. Thank you for believing in me when I am starting to doubt my capabilities. My confidence is credited to you.
95. I will cherish the moments you tap my back for every job well done. You give me more courage to fight!
96. No matter what's happened, you've stuck by my side. You are an inspiration and I love you so much.
97. My house, my car, my clothes, my money and everything else that I have in life are meaningless without the company of a friend like you. Thanks for being the real asset of my life.
98. A friendship with someone like you is what brings true meaning to this life. I'mm incredibly fortunate to have someone like you in my life. I couldn't have done with without you. Thank you.
99. Thank you for always putting up with my excesses. Thank you for your frank and objective criticism. You’re the mirror through which I see myself. Thank you.
100. Thank you for always pushing me to become a better version of myself. Thank you for not feeling the need to compete with me.
101. Thank you for your efforts in keeping our friendship healthy. Thank you for all you do.
102. Words cannot express how grateful I am for your kindness and generosity. Thank you so much for being there for me.
103. I pity the people who don't celebrate "Friendship." Their lives must be void of gems like you. Cheers, buddy!
104. To the best friend, anyone could ever ask for! You, my friend, are a special soul. I am so glad I get to know you.
105. Today I sit here remembering the fun times that we've had. As the years have gone by, I realize today that you have been the only person in my life who bonded with me without any expectation.
106. How can I ever thank you? I thought no one will be patient enough to stand by me when I am releasing my anger to the world, but you proved me wrong! Thank you!
107. I will cherish the times you encourage me, you are such an amazing friend! Thank you for always being there for me.
108. You might think I am wasting your love, but I appreciate everything you mean to me! You’re the best. I love you!
109. I feel so lonely until you introduced me to God. I want you to know how much I appreciate your effort to break my hardly-enclosed mind.
110. The best thing about friendship is that there are no debts to repay, otherwise, I'm sure I'd be in the bankrupt with you. Thanks, buddy!
111. I just wanted to let you know that I think you're a remarkable human being. You are so unique and you see the world in a special way.
112. I'm glad to have you as a friend. No one else gets me quite like you do. You're awesome.
113. Thank you so much for being a wonderful friend. Your sincerity shines through in all you do. I couldn’t ask for a better friend. Thank you.
114. You have always been supportive, standing by me through thick and thin. I couldn’t appreciate you enough. Thank you.
115. You inspired me during a difficult time when I needed words of encouragement. You don’t even know how much your help meant to me. Thank you.
116. I thank God for the gift of your friendship. I thank you for your outstretched hand always ready to lend support. You are a friend indeed.
117. You’re all shades of awesome. You give new meaning to friendship. Thank you for all you do. I’m thankful for your friendship.
118. Your friendship is a gift I’m thankful for. Thank you for standing by me through thick and thin.
119. Thank you for your support all through the years. My life is richer because of your presence in it. Thank you.
120. There’s nothing as beautiful as true friendship. I’m grateful I found this rare gift in you. Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for being my best friend.
121. The world goes round because of friends like you. Thank you for always being so supportive. You’re the best.
122. Words cannot express how grateful I am for your help. You were there for me when I needed it the most. Thank you for everything that you've done to help me.
123. You have the kindest of hearts. You always look out for my best interest. I really don’t know what I’ve done to deserve you. Thanks to my dear friend for your love.
124. Thank God for friends like you. The world is more beautiful and life more bearable because people like you exist.
125. Countless times, you have proved that friendship goes beyond words and encompasses actions. As a friend, you have never been lacking in words of comfort or in deeds.
126. Many times, I wonder how you manage to tolerate me. I couldn’t tolerate myself, lol. Anyway, what I’m trying to say a dear friend is that I love and appreciate you.
127. There’s no single envious bone in you, you have the purest of hearts and I know I can always rely on you. Thank you for your love dear friend.
128. Your presence is always so comforting. You’re so wise, you always know the right words to say and have the perfect solution to every problem. I value you, darling. Thank you for all you do.
129. If I were to choose all over again, you’d still be my best friend. I couldn’t ask for a better friend than you. I love you bestie. Thank you for being you.
130. I respect you so much, my dear friend. You’ve had so many reasons to walk away from this relationship but you’ve chosen to stick with me through thick and thin.
131. Dear friend, you can never understand the depth of my gratitude to you, for all you have done over the years. You’re the true definition of friendship.
132. Your type is rare and I love you so much. I've always felt so loved and appreciated by you — thanks for sticking by me even when it was hard.
133. I’m sending you this message, to let you know how much you mean to me. Thank you, my dear friend, for always being there for me.
134. You mean so much to me. You have brought much joy into my life and I’ll never trade our friendship for anything. Thank you for being my best friend.
Written By Kolapo Mustapha.