The birthday of a loved one is a time of great celebration, but have you ever experienced being called upon out of the blue moon to say a prayer, to bless the meal at a birthday party and your heart pounds like that of a mother in labour!
For your loved one, celebrating their birthday, your prayers over the meal means a whole lot to them. And having one of these short prayers handy can certainly save the day.
Awesome Birthday Prayers Before Meal
Prayer before meal for birthday celebrant, birthday prayers before meal. Here is powerful prayer before meal on birthday party that you can say if you’re to pray on meal at any birthday party.
1. Father, we thank you so much that we can all be together now to celebrate this special day with the celebrant. Thank you for this time of friendship, fun and food. Amen.
2. Come be with us Lord as we share this wonderful birthday meal, and may today mark the beginning of new things in the celebrant life. Amen.
3. Father, bless this day as we prepare and serve the food. Thank you for the ability to relax and enjoy this time with one another, and thank you for adding a year to the life of the celebrant. Amen..
4. Father, we understand our privilege to be here, and we pray to be a blessing to those we encounter in this place. Bless our conversation, and may we honour you in all we do and also bless the celebrant in abundance for this eyes catching a meal.
5. God of all creation, we offer you grateful praise for the gift of life on behalf of the celebrant. Hear the heart desires of the celebrant and answer him/her exceedingly and abundantly. Amen.
6. Father, we recall today the day of the celebrant birth and we rejoice together with him/her in the gifts of life and love, family and friends. Amen..
7. Father, bless the celebrant with your presence and surround him/her with your love, that he/she may enjoy many happy years, all of them pleasing to you. We ask this through Christ our saviour. Amen..
8. God our times are in your hand; Look with favour as we pray for the celebrant, as he/she begins another year. Grant that he/she may grow in wisdom and grace, and strengthen his/her trust in your goodness all the days of his/her life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen..
9. Father, as we sit here today preparing to eat this food, we thank you for the gift of life and that we can gather around to celebrate with our dear friend. Bless him/her Lord Jesus, and stir his/her heart to remember you in all he/she does. Amen.
10. Lord, you made a world full of goodness, filled with beauty, love and nourishment. Now as we talk and eat and pray, we praise you Lord for the life of the celebrant and ask that you fulfil all his/her heart desires. Amen.
11. Lord Jesus, as we eat, help us to remember your provision and goodness. May this meal be more than food to us and bless the celebrant with long life and prosperity. Amen.
12. Father, we bless you for time to share with others. As we eat help us to remember your provision and goodness with thankful hearts and increase the celebrant on all sides. Amen.
13. Father, this meal is the work of your hands. You have provided for us and we’re grateful. We confess our tendency to forget to ask for your blessing upon our life and especially the celebrant’s life. Amen.
14. Father, we bless you through the comforts that you have given us to enjoy with the celebrant. Show him/her how to make the most of your blessing in his/her life. Amen.
15. Father, bless this food and grant that all who eat it may be strong in body and may the celebrant grow in your love, goodness and favour. Amen.
16. Father, we have gathered to share a meal in your honour. Thank you for putting us together as family and friends and thank you for this food. Bless the celebrant abundantly for going extra miles to make this happen. Amen.
17. Lord, we thank you for the gift of life you’ve given to us all, and especially the celebrant, please help him/her use this gift of life to your glory. Guide our mealtime conversations and steer our hearts to your purpose for our lives. Amen.
18. Father, Son and Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence with us. Bless this food to our bodies, that we may be nourished and please fill the celebrant’s life with overflowing love and favour. Amen.
19. Loving Father, we thank you for bringing us together for this meal: may we continue to live in friendship and in harmony with one another. Bless the celebrant abundantly and exceedingly! Amen.
20. Father, bless this food, a sign of your loving care for us, and bless the celebrant in his/her daily lives. Lord, from whom comes every good and perfect gift. Enable us to enjoy these blessings of your bounty with gratitude. Give us grace that whether we eat or drink or whatever we do, may we do it all to your glory.
21. Dear Lord, we lift up a prayer for this amazing celebrant that we love. We have gathered together to celebrate his/her special day. We have all expressed our desires for his/her happy future and so shall it be. Amen.
22. Lord, we acknowledge that it is you who hold the celebrant future in your hands. We ask that you would bless, protect, and fill his/her lives with your wisdom. Amen.
23. Father, we ask that this year would be a year made in heaven for the celebrant, let all his/her endeavours prosper and increase! Amen.
24. Lord, draw the heart of the celebrant to you in love. Teach him/her how to go about his/her business in a more profitable way. Amen.
25. Dear Lord, we are so excited to see the celebrant add another year. We are so thrilled to be a part of this magnificent day. And we pray that you increase him/her on all sides. Amen.
26. Thank you, Lord, for guiding the celebrant footstep to this very eventful day. Thank you for allowing him/her to be privileged to celebrate another year in peace and abundance. Amen.
27. Lord, we ask you for lots of smiles, lots of laughter, lots of joys, and lots of celebrations for the celebrant. May his/her life be filled with abundant blessings as the year unfold.
28. Father, thank you for nourishment and refreshment. For the miracle of the seed and the reaping of the harvest. For the wonder of taste and the blessing of food with the celebrant. Thank you, Lord. Amen..
29. Father, we give thanks to you on behalf of the celebrant. May he/she ever grow in your faith, hope, and love. We ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen..
30. Heavenly Father, we praise you for the life of the celebrant. In a special way, we thank you and pray you to bless him/her always in your love and bless us too. Amen..
31. Holy Father, bless this food with which we celebrate. Help us all to praise you and give you glory through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let goodness and favour follow the celebrant all the days of his/her life. Amen..
32. Heavenly Father, please bless the celebrant, for today is (his/her) birthday. Increase him on all sides and prosper the works of his/her hand. Amen.
33. Dear Lord, please protect and guide the celebrant as he/she continues along the path you’ve chosen for him/her. Give him/her the courage to follow in your light, and feel your love wherever he/she goes. Amen.
34. Father, make the life of the celebrant strong and give him/her the strength to make
good decisions in the coming year. Amen.
35. Father, we ask that you keep the celebrant free from illness and sadness, for he/she is truly a good person who deserves happiness and success in all aspects of life. Amen.
36. Father, we know that life is like a book. With each new chapter, we learn and grow towards what you would have us be. Bless the celebrant now on this day, and in the future. Amen.
37. Father, we praise you for the nourishment you provide. Thank You for meeting our physical needs of hunger and thirst. Forgive us for taking that simple joy for granted, and bless this food to fuel our bodies forward into your will for our lives. We pray that the celebrant will be energized and be able to work for the glory of your Kingdom. Amen..
38. Our dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for this food to feed our souls and help us to do our part in kind words and loving deeds. We ask for favour and goodness for the celebrant. Amen.
39. Father, you are mighty and strong to sustain our bodies. Thank You for the meal we are about to enjoy. Bless and relieve the starvation of those who hunger. Lord, please inspire the heart of the celebrant to seek out ways that he/she can continue to help from his/her abundance. Amen..
40. Lord, thank you for family and friends. Thank you for times like these where we can gather together to share food, drink and relax. Thank you for the life of the celebrant and please continue to prosper him/her.
41. Please bless this meal Father, and all that it means. May the food nourishes us, and let our fellowship with the celebrant enrich his/her life in a greater measure. Amen.
42. Lord, thank you for this day, for family and friendship. Thank you for this food, may you bless the celebrant life with all that he/she desires of this new season in his/her life. Amen.
43. Our Father in heaven, we thank you for all the blessings you bring into our lives. Our thoughts now are especially on the gift of life you granted to the celebrant, and of the abundance, of friendship and of accomplishments.
44. Father, It is because we know that this gift of your love given to the celebrant as a blessing to fulfil his/her existence, that cause us to gather and we say thank you Lord for it.
45. Lord Jesus, on this happy day we thank you for the joy you have brought into the life of the celebrant and will bring more for your glory. Amen.
46. Father, through all the years of the celebrant life you have watched over him/her and thank you for bringing us all together gathered to magnify and thank you. Amen.
47. We thank you, Lord, for our celebratory today for all the love he/she has for everyone and his/her commitment to serve the possible best meal for friends and family. Amen.
48. We pray O Lord, that the celebrant love and commitment to you will only grow stronger in the days and years to come. Amen..
49. Lord, we united in prayer for the celebrant, please bless him/her. Strengthen him/her by your grace, may he/she live in kindness and in an unfailing sacrifice and affection so that his/her whole life may be pleasing to you. Amen.
50. Lord Jesus, we pray that you keep the celebrant in your fatherly care. May his/her birthday today on earth lead to that eternal life in which all the blessed will be joined together. Amen.
51. Father, we praise you for friendship and family! Thank you for bringing us together today to share a meal with the celebrant. The people in our lives bring us such joy, and we are grateful for the time spent in fellowship together. Amen.
52. Lord, help us use this time to bond closer as a family and learn to love each other more. Bless our appetites, both physical and spiritual, to honour you in all we do, and please bless the celebrant life with a longevity of life in health and wealth. Amen.
53. Father, we thank you for your goodness and greatness in our life, and we thank you for this food, for rest and all good things. But most of all for the life of the celebrant who begins a new journey in wealth and in health. Amen.
54. O Lord, we thank you for the gifts of your bounty which we enjoy at this table. As you have provided for us in the past, so may you sustain us throughout our lives and thank you for the life of the celebrant and please cause him/her to prosper more in life. Amen.
55. Bless us, O Lord, and this delicious meal which we are about to receive from your bounty. Bless this food to our use, Fill the celebrant life with more provision and favour. Amen.
56. Loving God, bless all those gathered here today, as we come together in friendship and fellowship.
Thank you for the blessings of our individual and collective God-given gifts. And a big thanks to you for preserving the celebrant life till today. Amen.
57. Father, we beseech you to place in the heart of the celebrant the desire to make a difference
to his/her family, to community, to country, and to the many cultures and people’s worldwide. Amen.
58. Lord, we pray that you give the celebrant balance in times of distraction and uncertainty. Help him/her to move towards his/her goals with determination and always with an abundant sense of humour. Amen.
59. Father, we thank you for food in a world where many know only hunger; For our faith in a world where many know fear; For friends in a world where many know only loneliness. And for the celebrant for being alive today in good health. Amen.
60. Lord, please bless this food we are about to share, those who prepared it, those who serve it,
and the celebrant who have worked hard to make today the special occasion that it is. For all of this, we give you thanks. Amen.
61. Bless, O Lord, this food to our use, and keep us ever mindful of the needs of others. Enrich the life of the celebrant too. Amen.
62. For this and all, we are about to receive, make us truly grateful, Lord. Thank you for the life of the celebrant and we pray you to prosper him more. Amen.
63. We bless you Father, for good food and those who prepare it, for good friends with whom to share it, we thank you Lord for letting the celebrant be alive and in health. Amen.
64. We bless your name, Father, for food in a world where many walks in hunger; For friends in a world where many walks alone; We give you thanks, O Lord for your favourable hands in the life of the celebrant.
65. We thank you, God, for food when others are hungry; for a drink when others are thirsty; for friends when others are lonely. And for making today eventful for the celebrant. Amen.
66. Be present at our table, Lord! Be here and everywhere adored. Your mercies bless and grant that we may feast like this next year with the celebrant. Amen.
67. We bless you, Lord, with all our soul, and all that is within us. May we and the celebrant forget not all your benefits. Blessed be God, eternal king, for these and all his good gifts to us. Amen.
68. Our Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for this food. Feed our souls on the bread of life and help us to do our part in kind words and loving deeds. We ask you to increase and prosper the celebrant. Amen.
69. Our Heavenly Father, kind and good, we thank you for this food. We thank you for your love and care.
Be with us Lord, and hear our prayer concerning the celebrant. Amen.
70. Most Holy, Righteous and ever-present God, our Father who art in Heaven, we ask for your blessing upon this food. Bless the heart and hand of the celebrant who provides this. Amen.
71. God, we pray for the celebrant, that he/she will experience an open heaven in every area of his/her life.
This favour and blessing we ask in the name of Christ, our Great Redeemer. Amen.
72. From your hand O God come everything good, we thank you for this food. And with it Lord, we ask for your blessing in the life of the celebrant to increase beyond measure. And to your glory may we live. Amen.
73. Great God accepts our gratitude, for the great gifts on us bestowed– For rainment, shelter and for food.
Thank you for preserving the celebrant life till today. Amen..
74. Great God, our gratitude we bring, accept our humble praise, for all the gifts on us bestowed, your name be evermore adored in our lives and that of the celebrant. Amen.
75. Father, may this food so fresh and fragrant, call forth reverence for you in our souls. As you give this strength to our perishable limbs, so give us grace for our immortal lives and that of the celebrant. Amen.
76. Our Father in Heaven, we give thanks for the pleasure of gathering together for this occasion. We give thanks for this food prepared by loving hands. We give thanks for life, the freedom to enjoy it all, and all other blessings. Amen.
77. As we partake of this food, we pray for health and strength to carry on and try to live as you would have us. This we ask in the name of Christ, Our Heavenly Father. Amen..
78. Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this special day, a day to remember your goodness to us and in the life of the celebrant. Amen.
79. Thank you, Lord for a roof over our heads, and more than enough food to eat. Thank you for the family you have given to us, for family and friends who have gathered together to eat with the celebrant. Amen.
80. O Gracious God, we give you thanks for your overflowing generosity to us. Thank you for the blessings of the food we eat and especially for this feast today. Amen.
81. Thank you, Lord for our home and family and friends, especially for the presence of those gathered here to celebrate with the celebrant. Thank you for our health and our work. Amen.
82. Father, please send help to those who are hungry, alone, sick and suffering war and violence. Open our hearts to your love. We ask your blessing through Christ your son. Amen..
83. Thank you, God, for food and health and happy days, receive our gratitude and praise in serving others. Lord may we repay our debt of love to you. Amen.
84. Thank you, Lord, for the food we eat, thank you for the world so sweet, thank you God for everything. And we say thank you on behalf of the celebrant. Amen.
85. God our Father, Lord and Saviour thank you for your love and favour. Bless this food and drink, we pray for the celebrant and all who shares with him/her today that joy will never cease in their lives. Amen.
86. Father, without the sunshine and the rain, we could not have the golden grain; Without your love, we’d not be fed; We thank you for this delicious meal with the celebrant. Amen.
87. Come, Lord Jesus, be our guest and bless these gifts and food, and bless our loved ones everywhere,
and keep them in your loving care. Amen.
88. We thank you, God, for this our food, for life and health and every good. Let manna to our souls be given — the bread of life sent down from heaven. Amen.
89. May the blessing of the five loaves and the two fishes which God shared out among the five thousand be ours. May the King who did the sharing bless our sharing and our co-sharing. Amen.
90. Bless O Lord, this food we are about to eat; and we pray O God, that it may be good for our body and soul; and if there be any poor creature hungry or thirsty walking along the road, send them into us that we can share the food with them, just as you share your gifts with all of us. Amen.
91. May this food restores our strength, giving new energy to tired limbs. We thank you for the life of whose birthday we celebrate today. In your gracious providence prolong his/her life for many years, and fill it with all favour and goodness. Amen.
92. May this drink restore our souls, giving new vision to dry spirits, new warmth to cold hearts. And once refreshed, may we give new pleasure to you, who gives us all. Amen.
93. Bless us, O God. Bless our food and our drink. Since you redeemed us so dearly and delivered us from evil, as you gave us a share in this food so may you give us a share in eternal life. Amen.
94. Give us O God of the nourishing meal, well-being to the body, the frame of the soul. Give us O God of the honey-sweet milk, the sap and the savour of the fragrant farms. Amen.
95. Be God in our waking, God in our speaking; God in our cooking, God in our eating; God in our playing, God in our digesting; God in our working, God in our Resting. Amen.
96. In a world where so many are hungry, may we eat this food with humble hearts; in a world where so many are lonely, may we share this friendship with joyful hearts? Amen.
97. O you who clothe the lilies of the field, and feed the birds of the air, who leads the sheep to pasture and the hart to the water’s side, who have multiplied the loaves and fishes and converted the water to wine, do come to our table as giver and guest, to dine. Amen.
98. O Lord, who clothes the lilies and feeds the birds of the sky, who leads the lambs to pasture and the deer to the waterside. Who has multiplied loaves and fishes and converted water to wine, O Lord, come to our table, as guest and giver, to dine? Amen.
99. Lord, bless this food and grant that we may be thankful for your mercy and grace. Teach us to know by whom we’re fed; Bless us with Christ, the living bread. Amen.
100. In the peace of this season our spirits are joyful: With the beasts and angels, the shepherds and stars, with Mary and Joseph, we sing God’s praise. By your coming may the hungry be filled with good things, and may our table and home be blessed. Amen.
101. Bless us O Lord, and these your gifts, which we are about to receive from your bounty through Christ our Lord. Amen.
102. God of all gifts, we thank you for the many ways you have blessed us this day. We are grateful each of those who are gathered around this table. We ask you to bless us and our food and to bless those we love who are not with us today. Amen.
103. In our gratitude and love, we remember your humble birth into our lives and pray for those who are without enough to eat. We remember the stable in which you were born and pray for those who have no place to live.
104. We pray for peace in families and nations throughout the world. We bless you and give you thanks in your Spirit who brings our hearts to life to celebrate with the celebrant. Amen.
105. Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for this day and for all of your spectacular creations. We thank you for the joy of special times with friends and family. Amen.
106. We thank you, Lord, for our food which is our manna for this day. We pray that you will bless our food and enrich it to abundantly bless our bodies. Amen.
107. We thank you for the promise of tomorrow and the knowledge that you will always be by our side. We gather together to enjoy this meal and enjoy this fellowship. Amen.
109. Thank you for this food. And thank you for the peace and joy that is present at this table. May we often choose to slow down and appreciate the blessings you have given us. Amen.
109. We ask you to bless us as we eat, bless this food and bless the hands that prepared it. May the words of our lips spring forth from hearts of gratitude and may we bless others as we fellowship today.
110. Dear Lord, thank you for this food. Bless the hands that prepared it. Bless it to our use and us to your service. And make us ever mindful of the needs of others. Amen.