2019 Best Samples of Opening Prayer for Bible Study
Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Psalms 119: 105. Jesus said ye are clean by my words. It is of great grace that we can study the Word of God, for this ancient scriptures is an outstanding and divinely inspired book of God which spans through ages.
It takes the mercy and grace of God for a man to have the revelation of the "Person of Truth". So many people study the Bible and end up not getting the mind and intent of God. I know you believe that.
And one of the reasons for this is the inability to say am wholeheartedly word of prayer to invite the Spirit of God for leading.
Here are some heartily opening prayers inspired by the Spirit of God as you go through His Words of Truth that makes free. Just go through it and pick some of them as you journey through the study of the Word of God.
You can also like and share with your friends and family to help them grow in communicating with God and understanding His Word.
Contents on this Page:
Prayer remains the key to access God and to know His eternal counsel which was made hidden to the heathen. Prayer opens the way for the word to be clearly known and understood,therefore becoming a blessing to us and our descendants.Therefore the place of prayer cannot be over-emphasized.If you're one of the devoted lovers of God,do not hesitate to participate in these best samples of opening prayer for bible-study below. OR are you a bible-study leader and you've been seeking God's face to usher your listeners into an unforgettable experience with God, your sincere prayer has been answered.Make use of it with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, and you will thank God for it at the end.
1. Thou O God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth. You whose beauty is unveiled in Creation and Your Life is breathed in this book we are here to study. Please bring us into the depth of the knowledge of You that we might live a life that pleases You. Amen
2. O Lord, the giver of Light and Life, I am devoid of the understanding of your Ways. In Thy mercy, breath upon me as I dig into Your Word. Amen
3. O Lord, our God, we open up our hearts as we take our bibles to study. May Your Spirit reveals to us the realities of Your Word and nurture our hearts to conform to Your Will. Amen
4. Dear Father of Lights, Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Guide me in my voyage towards knowing Your Words of Life. Heal and restore me. Amen
5. As I go through the Scriptures Lord Jesus, may these words of truth come alive in me and make me alive unto God. Amen.
6. Oh, Heavenly Father, as we are about to search into the Your Word today, may the Light of Your glorious Will shine upon our hearts that we might understand and walk in the power of Your salvation. Amen
7. Heavenly Father, we are about to go into Your Word, oh may these ancient and divine writings quicken our spirits from within and wash us of our infirmities, heal us, instruct us and lead our souls unto Life. Amen
8. As we open our Bibles, Lord Jesus may your spirit breath life upon the writings of this Scriptures. Let our souls be healed and purified. Amen
9. O Thou great physician. You who made all things by Your Word. We ask that as we go through Your Word we should be washed, healed and made according to your Image. Let understanding be granted unto us. Amen
10. Oh Thou Word Of God, the giver of Light and Life. Lighten up our hearts in the understanding of Your Mystery. May our hearts be cleansed and made whole as we ponder on Your Words. Amen.
11. Lord Jesus, by your Word all things are made. As we have gathered here to study these words of truth even the words of making. We sincerely ask that these words should make us according to your power and conform us to your nature. Oh, let the blessing of Your Word rest upon us. Amen.
12. Lord Almighty, help us to come to the understanding of your words that we may live a life pleasing to you. May our heart be purged and changed by Your Words. Sanctify us by Your Words. Amen.
13. The Righteous Father, the One and Only True God. Exhale upon us the breath of life as we search through the Scriptures. May we revitalized by Your Words and strengthened to obey all the words of this great book of life. Amen.
14. Merciful and Gracious Father, we open our Bibles as we open our hearts. May we be awakened in the spirit. Oh, let the fire of Your Will be rekindled in our hearts now. Strengthen to journey towards becoming Your Image. Amen.
15. Lead us in the power if Your Word, O Lord. Grant us the spiritual insight to see, know and be able to do according to the words of truth in this book we are about to study in Jesus name, Amen.
16. We are all gathered here to learn of You, Lord, open our eyes of understanding and breath upon us life to disengage us from the power of darkness to the power of Your salvation. Help our souls to come into Your Light. Amen.
17. King Of Glory, as we voyage into the knowledge of Your Will, may we be shown the way of your truth, led by your truth and guided in the path of life. Grant our souls might to comprehend and keep Your testimonies. Amen.
18. Ancient and Everlasting God. Please shepherd our hearts and heal our eyes to understand your word. Oh lead us in the path of righteousness and restore our souls as we drink of the water of life. Amen.
19. Your word, o Lord is perfect and sure. Oh, let our souls be converted and be made wise as we journey through in your word. May our hearts rejoice and our eyes be enlightened that these words of life may pattern our lives according to your pleasure. Amen.
20. Heavenly Father, we humbly ask that you dispense out your grace and Spirit as we voyage into your word. May the revelation of Your mystery be made known to us in these words of truth that we might come into the knowledge of Christ which is your will. Amen.
21. Oh God, the Lord Almighty. Inspire and revitalize us by Your Spirit as we look into Your Perfect Statutes. Stir us up and grant us access into deeper things in You. Amen.
22. Our God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. We meekly request that as we go into Your Word that we should be awakened and energized by Your Spirit. May our hearts and mind be instructed by Your Word. Amen.
23. Father as we come together to study your word, please alert us to your promptings and to the knowledge of your love. Bless us with foresight to see the beauty of your word. Help us to be beautified and established in your word of truth and deliverance. Amen.
24. O Lord your word is a delight to the soul. O counsel us with these words of life we are about to search through. Make us understand your commandments. Quicken us with Your Spirit according to your word. Amen.
25. Heavenly Father Of Light. Open our eyes to behold the wondrous things of your word. Please unveil to us the mysteries of your word. Cause us to understand Your Path and become of Your Will. Amen.
26. We've gathered together, Lord to acquire, mature and to become of Your Nature. Deepen us in the comprehension of Your Truth. Navigate us safely on this voyage that we may think aright, meditate more on your words and keep your commandments. Amen.
27. Lord, You who searches the heart and reins. You know my heart and infirmities and the number of times I have failed you and many other people. I sincerely and humbly request that You speak to me now through these words of life. I plead that You awaken me this hour I have with You. Amen.
28. God of the heavens and the earth. We are here to learn of you; open our eyes, help us to eat of the bread of Life and live in Your Truth all the days of our lives. Amen.
29. We give all thanks to You God that we are present here to drink of your word. Please enliven us now as we go through the drinking of the water of life. Amen.
30. Holy and Righteous Father. You who commands us to keep your word. We are about to study our bibles even your word. Help us to understand and wholeheartedly look into your righteous word. Heal our souls and sanctify us by these words. Amen.
31. Blessed Lord, we are present here to learn of your word. Tutor us your way. Cleanse our hearts with your word. Help us to comprehend and take heed according to your precepts. O let us not wander away from your commandments. Amen.
32. Teach us, O Lord the way of truth as we dig into your word give us the understanding of your intent. Help us to go in the path of life that we may be delivered from the path of lies and the way of ungodliness. Amen.
33. My soul melts for heaviness, Lord. As I goes through your word, strengthen me according to your word. Occupy my soul with ease understanding of your ways. Take over my mind and make my heart find strength and enablement to walk in your path. Amen.
34. Jesus, the Son of the Living God. We are going into your words of life, we ask that Your Spirit tutor our hearts unto all understanding of the knowledge of the Will of God. May our souls receive strength to press more into your life. Amen.
35. Grant Father Of Love, you whose love and beauty is expressed in this book we are about to read. Oh, bring us to the wonders of your love. May our hearts be filled with your loving kindness and help us to fulfil all righteousness throughout our lives. Amen.
36. Holy Spirit Of God. We reference you and desire that as we search through the Scriptures may we delivered from the bitterness and darkness of our hearts into the sweetness and glorious light of the knowledge of God. May we be raised unto the fullness of Christ. Amen.
37. Lord Jesus, we are going into your perfect law of liberty. Liberate us from every hold and bondage of sin. Open our eyes and awaken our souls to the will of God. Amen.
38. With all reference and humility Lord Jesus, we ask that our voyage into your word will unveil us to deep things of God. Let your Spirit breath upon us. May we experience washing, healing and restoration of our souls in Christ. Amen.
39. Jesus, the Son Of The Most High. The Word of the Father. As we journey through in your word, please let the power of your salvation come upon us. Heal our hearts, purify our conscience and save us. Amen.
40. Ancient and Eternal Father. We've come here to learn of you. May your words come alive in us. May we receive perfect understanding of these ancient and eternal words that we might have the knowledge of your glory. May our hearts be given capacity and ability to retain these words and do them in Jesus Name, Amen.
41. Everlasting Father, King of Glory. The true light and life. We ask for grace and mercy as we look into your word that your light and truth should come upon us. To lead us into the knowledge of your word and strength to do accordingly. Amen.
42. Eternal Father of Glory. Reveal your power and glory to us as we go into the study of your word. Help us to understand the essence of your word and to conform to the image of the God-like man. Amen.
43. Oh Spirit of Truth, open our eyes to the words of truth as we open our hearts to study our bibles. Help us to comprehend the perfect law of liberty. May we be made free from the deceit and lies of the devil into the life of Christ. Amen.
43. Great Father of Mercy. We humbly request that you cause your face to shine on us as we go through your word. May the eyes of our understanding be opened that we might know what is the inheritance of the saints in Christ. Amen.
44. Gracious Lord. Your nature and your power is enclosed into this book we are here to learn. We pray that we may be granted easy understanding to know you. And be given grace to live according to your word. Amen.
45. Lord Jesus, your word is the word of making and a sure deliverance. I plead that as I go through your word may your truth make me and set me free the power of darkness into the light of your glorious will. Amen.
46. As we search through the writings of this great book, may we liberated from every bondage of sin and be restored to the righteousness of God in Jesus Name, Amen.
47. I am about to go through your word Lord Jesus, release your grace and mercy to nurture my heart into all the knowledge of your love. Amen.
48. Oh, let your words cleanse my hearts, purify my conscience from every deaf work and equip me with the power of your salvation in Jesus Name, Amen.
49. Father, I'm going through by your word. Lead me in my journey towards knowing your will and expectations from me as your heir in Christ. Amen.
50. Heavenly Father, your word is an expression of your you love. We ask that as we learn of it may the knowledge of your love and truth fill us and make us stand perfect in all the will of God. Amen.
51. O Lord, your love is being expressed towards man through the writings of this book I am here to study. May my heart be made to know this love and be guided by faith, in Jesus Name, Amen.
52. Eternal Father of Light. Humbly we ask that you send your Spirit to guide us as we search through your word. Let your word as a light shine upon us and save us from the works of darkness. Amen.
53. Heavenly Father, we ask that you anoint our eyes with eye salves as we look into your word. That we might be blessed and helped to fulfil all righteousness. Amen.
54. We are about to dig deep into your word, Lord Jesus, oh let your Spirit come us and satisfy bus with the pleasures of your presence. Amen.
55. Lord Jesus help our hearts to understand the words of this book we've come to study that we might come into the full knowledge of your Person. Amen.
56. Jesus Christ the revelation of God. We ask that you reveal to us the mystery of Godliness that is reserved in this sacred book of life so that we can comprehend your intent and will. Amen.
57. King Of Righteousness. Bless us with foresight into your word of knowledge that our lives may speak forth of your glory. Help us to be a praise unto your name. Amen.
58. Oh, Ancient of days. We pray that these words of life we are about to read be revived in us. To cleanse us, heal us, sanctify our hearts and save us. Amen.
59. O Lord Jesus, the One and Only True God. We are all gathered here to drink of your word. May these words awaken our hearts from the lies of this world and translate us into the Life of Righteousness in Christ. Amen.
60. Great Father of Mercies, I am here to learn of your word. Touch my heart to understand the content of the words of your love. May my soul receive healing, restoration and wholeness. Amen.
61. Lord Jesu, the word of life. We have come to draw from the well of the water of life. May this waters flow into our souls and make us whole again. Amen.
62. O Father of all creation. You who created the heavens and the earth. Your nature and the knowledge of your will is embedded in this book we are about to study. We ask that you take us deeper into knowing your will and nature until we are changed and conformed to your will in Jesus Name, Amen.
63. Everlasting God, the giver of eternal life. We request that you send your Spirit of life to breathe life into these words of truth that we are about to read. May we experience revival of the soul into life in Christ Jesus. Amen.
64. Oh, Great Father Of Light. Our hearts are hungry and thirsty for the knowledge of your will. As we dig into your word, bring us to the awareness of who you are. May our hunger and thirst increase even as you will be filling us the more with your knowledge. Amen.
65. Holy Spirit of God the teacher of the words of truth. We humbly desire for abundance of grace as we look into the words of truth that our hearts may be purified. Bring us into the consciousness of your will in Jesus Name, Amen.
66. Lord Jesus, the King Of Righteousness. Here we are ready to search through your word. Reveal to us the mysteries of your person. Help us to know this mysteries that our souls may be delivered from the deceit of the devil and brought into the truth. Amen.
67. Enlighten our paths into your word Lord Jesus. Make us come into the knowledge of your truth and be filled with life within us. Amen.
68. The entrance of your word gives light and understanding to the seeker. We are here to seek you through your word. May your mercy guide our hearts into all understanding of your truth. Purify us and make us alive in you again. Amen.
69. Jesus the Son Of God. The Word by whom all things are made. As we are going into your word, we pray that these words of life recreate our inner man that by the end this study session, we shall be made alive unto the righteousness of God. Amen.
70. Oh Word Of Life, the express image of the living God. Now we open our Bibles to study, may the eyes of our understanding be enlightened that we may know what is the hope of your calling. May the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of you come upon us and our love for you be made stronger that we may be conformed to the image of God in Christ. Amen.
Written By Akinlaja Tolulope.